“Kacchi kairi” or Raw Mango is also a part of our childhood memories. However, the name itself doesn’t mean a lot to us anymore. Mangoes are sold by a billion people in India. Two of the most important parts of the mango tree, seeds, and bark, are used as astringent. The leaves are burned to produce gases and steam which can be used in a variety of ways. Raw mango juice is a good cooling drink and keeps your teeth clean. The gum is used as band aids for scabies or trapped skin. Vone of the above are in the antiseptic group and are used for cleaning wounds, to increase sweating (ectopic nipples), for increasing perspiring (tachycardiac shock), for controlling bleeding, etc. The benefits and taste of the mango are the real reason why people call it the “King of fruits''.
Properties of raw mango:
Raw mangoes are often used in smoothies and drinks. They are rich in vitamin C content, and their thickening capacity has been reported to be superior to artichokes.
It may be an antioxidant. It may act as a natural immunity booster. It might act as an anticancer agent. It may, in some cases, have some cardio protective properties. But not all people's bodies can cope with it and thus someone must be recommended for such treatment rather than another because of gender or another reason/circumstances (commonly known as Gender and Pregnancy). Medications that affect the thyroid gland are generally considered to be "toxic" in appearance, but rather than being truly toxic, they are really like a medicine which happens to work.
Potential Uses of raw mango for Overall Health:
Raw mango was described as having the following benefits:
A few potential uses of raw mango for weight management.
Raw mango helps in shedding unwanted fats through a variety of mechanisms. It is recommended to consume raw mango daily and preferably with water. Consumption of raw mango while maintaining a healthy weight has several health benefits such as promoting weight loss, depression, controlling appetite, preventing obesity, improving overall health, and improving the immune system.
Potential uses of raw mango for cancer
Raw mango is rich in antioxidants such as mangiferin, which help to reduce cell proliferation and apoptosis (cell death). This was examined, To maintain good health, diet and lifestyle play a major role in the treatment of cancer. It is known that diet plays a significant role in cancer, but further research is required to demonstrate its preventive effect.
Potential uses of raw mango for liver
Raw mangoes may help in avoiding liver problems by stimulating bile production. In this way, raw mangoes can play a significant role in promoting healthy liver health. Additionally, mangiferin, an antioxidant in raw mangoes, is hepatoprotective function. This may indicate that consumption of mangoes may help improve the liver’s health. No human studies have been conducted so far to support these claims.
Potential uses of raw mango for heart
A cold pressed from raw mango juice, a name you'll recognize because it's synonymous with fresh, fruit. Mango is a fruit that helps in the healing of cholesterol and cardiac diseases. Currently, we do not have enough insight into the heart health effects of using mangoes.
Raw mango for hair and skin.
There's no question that the Melter makes this a nutrient-rich drink and nourishes your locks all at once. Besides, the bright lemony scent of pomegranate fruit increases visibility in a room and strengthens the skin. Evidence reviewed indicates a correlation between consumption of raw mangoes and an improvement in several health outcomes.
Potential uses of raw mango for blood disorders
Raw mangoes are rich in Vitamin C, and they may prevent blood clot formation in individuals suffering from hemophilia. Extracting the high concentration of nutrients and amino acids, this mango extract provides all the health benefits in a single serving. The latest research findings indicate that consuming raw mangoes might help reduce blood pressure. However, as the scientific evidence supporting these claims is limited, it is best to take a professional opinion before taking a decision.
Other potential uses of raw mangoes
- High levels of carotenoids may help improve eyesight.
- May protect against tooth decay and lower the chance of heart disease.
- May act as a cure for common gastrointestinal ailments like indigestion, constipation etc.
- A Vitamin E supplement is beneficial for the skin, especially during summers and winters.
- It may boost performance while walking.
Side Effects of raw mango:Raw mango also poses side effects such as:
- Cooking raw mangoes not only adds water but ends up in them being acidic.
- New research shows that eating mangoes containing significantly higher levels of a bdellium (a type of bacteria the FDA considers a potential allergen) could result in nausea and throat pain.
- Raw mangoes are allergenic for various people and the suggestion given doesn't address the sensitivity of certain individuals.
Precautions to take with raw mango:
Raw mango can be eaten safely if it is consumed in moderate amounts. First, you must not consume raw mango within two hours after consuming any other foodstuff. If you prefer drinking raw mango juice or eating raw mango with a spoon, this does not invalidate the eating of food items two hours before or after eating raw mango.
- Wash them thoroughly before breakfast.
- It is advised to have a bullet-proof breakfast prior to eating light meals.
- Fruits grown in a tropical region provide the most fruits with very little water. This is because of their high amounts of water content and low temperatures, which are ideal conditions for mango tree growth.
- Some individuals are allergic to raw mangoes. This could be because of cross-reactions with other allergic ingredients in the diet. A lesser-known possibility is that raw food production may result in a "mango disease". This can be spread by eating raw fruits or by eating salad vinegars, sauces & dressings made especially for food items like mangoes.